Details of the stay
Journey by bike to the Allôu region
Ready for a ride in duo or with your toddlers between the plain of the Lys and the mountains of Flanders? Located on the right bank of the Lys, on the border between the county of Flanders, the castellany of Lille and the county of Artois, the country of the Allœu is the ideal starting point for a freewheeling getaway, borrowing the network nodes-nodes which offers you a multitude of marked circuits nearby. From the Ecolodge of Sailly-sur-la-Lys ® nestled in lush greenery not far from the hiking trails, you can radiate by electric bicycle and radiate in the typical villages of the area. Discover without further delay and at your own pace, the charms of the Golden River! Number of participants: 2 adults and 2 children maximum (under 6 years)
Day 1 :
From 13h00: Reception in Sailly-sur-la-Lys
- Presentation of your accommodation Ecolodge Allœu Sailly-sur-la-Lys, provision and training in the use of VAE by the staff of Lys sans Frontières.
- Free bike ride to Steenwerck 7 km via the new network nodes-nodes (follow the markings N ° 14, 13, 55, 54, 52). You will be able to admire a typical village of Flanders which has preserved all its cachet.
From 2 pm: Visit the Museum of Rural Life in Steenwerck. Opened to the public since 1987, the Museum of Rural Life introduces the new generations to the activities of the farm, the activities of the village and the housing developments of the early 20th century. The Museum of Rural Life is the ideal place for your family outings. In a fun and rewarding environment, the elders pass on their knowledge to the youngest. Nothing is missing: agricultural machinery, housing, craftsmen, shops, schools ... More than 30 reconstructions, scattered in a vast farm dating from the beginning of the 18th century will take you back in time until 1950 From the cellar to the attic, everything is visited, passing through the kitchen garden, the food and the arboretum. The stroll through time ends at the estaminet "Cheers", where many traditional games await young and old.
- Traditional tasting at the "Gaiety" tavern at the Steenwerck Museum of Rural Life (1 non-alcoholic beverage of your choice, 2 Flemish waffles with brown sugar and 1 farmyard yoghurt / person)
- Return to Sailly-sur-la-Lys (activities to choose from: sports course on the banks of the Lys behind the church, pedestrian circuits "A museum in the City" to discover the town, greeted visit with Gilbert Dassonneville the President of the Association of Hikers of Allœu who will unveil the treasures of his commune.
- According to your desire, you can cook in your ecolodge or book a table for a dinner of your choice at the Train Station of the Roaring Twenties or at the restaurant Le Bon coin in Sailly-sur-la-Lys
Jour 2 : A vélo le long de la rivière d'or
- Delivery of breakfasts to your Ecolodge.
- Free start and bike ride along the banks of the Lys to Nieppe where you can admire the old brewery Motte-Cordonnier, the ponds and the castle Nieppe ... by following the new network points-nodes (markings N ° 14, 13, 19, 32, 18, 39, 41, 32, 19), before joining the island and the Parc Déliot nestled in a green setting behind the town hall and the church of Erquinghem-Lys . Make a stop at the museum of Ercan which traces the history of the town and admire the gardens workers.
- On your route, you can picnic in Nieppe or Erquinghem-Lys; lunch at Providence in Erquinghem-Lys or make a gourmet stopover at the restaurant Les Damoiselles, Côté Comptoir or at the Brasserie du Château in Nieppe according to your choice.
Return to your Ecolodge for 15:00 to return your bikes.
Lys sans Frontières
For more than 17 years, Lys sans Frontières has been working for sustainable development and ecotourism in the Lys Valley. Actor tourist field, we have a privileged knowledge of our cross-border destination that we offer to enjoy over water, on foot, by bike, horseback or boat. By putting the « Cape where the river runs gold! » You will not only experience a unique and original experience but you will also contribute to the enhancement and preservation of our heritage.